Which qTest alternatives are worth considering for your software testing needs in 2023?
In this article, we compare the top test management tools based on features, pricing, and community.
Qtest is a scalable test management solution that maintains requirements, test cases, test runs, gathers and records the test results. It creates a system for easy communication and accelerated deployment by creating centralised test management. It can provide us with real-time reporting and analytics. Common test metrics can be driven by out-of-the-box reports, it also has the feature to schedule report sharing.
Qtest can store, manage manual cases and automate test cases. It can be integrated into a lot of different tools including JIRA, ALM, Bamboo, Jenkins etc. It even has an API, qTest API which we can use for integrations, this can provide us complete control over how software merges with our current testing process.
It is one of the popular test management tools for Agile teams and QA teams. Qtest supports agile management and a visualised test result. It is a test management tool that is designed to improve speed, efficiency, and enables collaboration throughout the software test lifecycle. Qtest has a user-friendly and simple interface. It has the feature of importing test cases from an excel spreadsheet. It has a version control system that helps us keep track of multiple versions of the test cases.
- Manages and Tracks Test execution: It helps us in planning, assigning and executing test cases. Qtest offers complete visibility of the lifecycle across projects, builds, cycles and suites.
- Manages automation strategies: It provides seamless integration for any type of automation tool, whether the user prefers an open-source or codeless model.
- Makes it easy to organise: It’s very easy to create, edit and audit scripts using qTest scripts. It can help us organise test cases in a centralised repository, we can even organize different categories based on execution such as new features, regression, application areas etc.
- Administration: QTest has the feature of providing administrative rights and group level to testers and stakeholders.
- Customisation: To fit our team’s workflow we can customise field types, systems, values and format. We can also customise at the process level by giving event notifications to keep testers updated without overloading them.
Qtest is best for helping agile teams with their test case management, test automation management, reporting and analytics.
- It has out of the box reporting that helps us for quick insights.
- It supports our project by providing us with robust analytics and reporting.
- It has a simple and easy user interface, it even shows colour for outliers.
- It integrates with various automation tools and CI/CD
- It also has a video feature.
- It doesn’t have an autosave function, so if the session expires, our effort is lost.
- It takes up a lot of time and effort to set up a simple test plan folder.
- It is not open-source software, we have to pay for it. It also has a short free trial period.
- It can’t detect duplicate bugs.
- It lacks issue workflow.
List of Best qTest Alternatives
Qtest is based on the cloud, so you might experience lag sometimes. Other than that many other disadvantages can be found in Qtest. There are so many other tools in the market that can replace Qtest with better features and benefits.
Here’s a list of alternative test management tools that can be used instead of Qtest.
PractiTest is a test management software that provides us with various features such as real-time test monitoring, bug testing, customizable dashboard, smart filtering and much more. We can efficiently organise requirements, create, execute tests, track bugs and generate reports with unique and customisable filters.
- It is a professional end to end test management tool.
- It provides us with customizable dashboards and intuitive reports.
- It assists us in organising the requirements.
- We even have the option to manage bugs inside Practitest or we can integrate our current issue tracking system to it, including Jira, Redmine, etc.
- It provides various features such as smart filters, time management and much more.
PractiTest is popularly used by Independent software vendors and IT divisions. It is best known for its hierarchical filters.
Testrail is a test management system that makes it easy to create test cases, manage test runs and coordinate the entire testing life cycle. TestRail is an intuitive web-based user interface that helps us in managing and tracking the software testing efforts, as well as organising it.
- It integrates with over 35 bug tracking tools including JIRA, Bugzilla, Github and more.
- Testrail can provide detailed reporting and analytics.
- We can track the progress consistently by scheduling report pulls.
- It has a feature for tracking test history, this will be helpful for auditing.
- It can forecast project deadlines based on the history of the previous projects.
- It has the feature to track the individual contribution to the project.
TestRail is popular among Testers, test leads developers and more. It is best known for its dashboard and test history features which help in audits. It’s usually used by manual teams for regression testing.
ReQtest manages the requirement and tests and works as a bug tracking tool as well. It provides real-time updates on the progress of the project. It helps testers and developers plan, execute and follow test cases. It uses an agile board to display relevant information that could lead to an increase in the speed at which bugs are found and resolved.ReQtest has the feature where we can import bug reports in CSV format. It integrates with JIRA.
- It has a simple interface so it’s easy to learn and get started.
- It has a feature to screen capture and record.
- ReQtest follows the model – pay for what you use.
- It makes integration flexible through APIs.
- It makes the test management process easy with all its features.
- It can improve the scope, quality and process of the testing.
ReQtest is popularly used among Test Managers, Product Owners, Testers, Software developers, Scrum masters, Project managers, business analysts, QA teams and Agile teams etc. It is best known for its traceability, from the requirement to bugs everything is traced.
TestLodge is a modern test management tool that is easier to use than most traditional software. It primarily focuses on the test plan aspect of the system. It allows users to customise, and import test cases and test suites.
- TestLodge allows us to customise fields, filters, workflow and permission.
- TestLodge allows an unlimited number of users for the account.
- It can integrate with other bug tracking software.
- It is very affordable with regards to all the features we’ll get.
- It can benefit the project by providing more structure, storage and integration.
- It automatically creates a ticket when a test fails, reducing the manual efforts of the tester.
TestLodge is best for both small and medium businesses. It’s best known for its modern easy interface.
Teststuff is a Saas based Quality assurance test management tool. Teststuff helps us to report and handle a large number of tests, projects and defects. It has a fully backed up environment and it’s safe. Teststuff can organise tests based on projects, divisions and structure suites. It has the feature to import and export data from excel spreadsheets.
- Teststuff can integrate with any number of issue tracking tools.
- It can add videos to the bug report.
- It has the feature to assign test cases to a certain user.
- We can make use of several labs to schedule the test cycle
- It organizes the test cases by project branches and hierarchical suites.
- It streamlines the task management for each team member.
Teststuff is a web-based comprehensive test management software. It is best for businesses of all sizes, it can help us to manage their software testing projects. It is best known for its customisation feature.
SpiraTest is an enterprise-level test management solution that can support agile, waterfall or hybrid workflows DevOps toolchain and helps in reporting. It provides end to end traceability and reporting in one location by providing integrated requirements and bug tracking. SpiraTest is a powerful, flexible tool that is easy to use, it is filled with features that allow best practices in the industry.
- It keeps track of the test Coverage by mapping the tests to requirements along with the issue found.
- It can help us to manage features, requirements and use cases.
- We can create, edit and run test cases with rich editing features.
- We can track bugs, improvements, risks and blockers.
- We can configure the workflow based on our needs.
- We can either host it in the cloud or get on-premise software.
SpiraTest is popular among Project managers, QA managers, business analysts and software testers It assists teams who want to integrate requirements, test and defects management systems to manage end to end testing and QA lifecycle.
The market might offer us lots of options in test management to choose from. As far as the team is concerned, a test m anagement tool should be easy to set up, adopt and provide the required results we expect from the tool. It should seamlessly integrate with our existing system, flexible, scalable and robust.
Total tools reviewed: 12
Total tools finalized: 6
Total time spent: 42 hrs
- Best Zephyr Alternatives
- Best ReQtest Alternatives
- Best Xray Alternatives
- Best PractiTest Alternatives
- Best TestRail Alternatives
- Best Selenium Alternatives
- Best Test Management Tools
- Best Defect Tracking Tools
- Best Automation Testing Tools
- Best Mobile Testing Tools
- Best Performance Testing Tools
- Best Cross Browser Testing Tools